The Sweetest Part

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Our Calling

Earlier this month my husband and I felt a tugging on our hearts for ministry. I found this extremely amusing considering the fact that I had told the Lord YEARS ago that I did NOT want to be with someone in the ministry. I grew up in a preacher's family and saw how hard and at times discouraging it could be. There is something to be said for a Pastor's wife. The list of things they must do goes on and on! I've watched my own mother have to deal with other's criticism of her husband, always respond with a smile, be careful to not offend anyone, and ultimately be the picture of a Proverbs 31 woman. That all seemed WAY out of my reach so I figured I would not even try! So when Chris came to my with the thoughts of ministry, I was a little wary.

You know its funny...

Its funny how God can place something in your heart at the exact moment your trying to say you dont want to. Chris and I started to pray to the Lord to narrow down the vision for our future. After all, ministry is a broad thought. Youth? Bus? Pastorate? Jail? Music? The possibilities go on and on. Well we noticed that about a week before our Annual Missions Conference was to commence, we felt pulling on our hearts for missions. On Mission's Sunday, we told the Lord, "I'll go where you want me to Go." While missions is narrowing it down a bit, there is still a focus that needs to be seen. Will we be temporary aids to missionaries on furlow? Will we be full-time missionaries? Will we be church planters as missionaries in the U.S?? Those are all questions that I know in time, the Lord will answer.

This blog will be a journey through the next 7 years of our lives as we get our educations, internships, and deputation underway.

No comments:

Post a Comment