The Sweetest Part

Monday, September 20, 2010

Monday Mornings!

I don't think I'm alone when I say that Monday mornings are tough. You just got done with a hectic Sunday and then the week starts allllll over again. Sometimes there is this looming sense of defeat when you hop(actually its more like a drag) yourself out of bed.

This morning I was telling my mom that sometimes I ask myself, "Is this what I get to do everyday for the rest of my life? Wake up, take care of kids, clean house, do laundry, and go to bed? Everyday?"  At the time it seemed like a logical comment. After sitting down to have some quiet time, I realized how irrational my thinking truly was.

Here is some of the things I realized...
God made me to worship! I dont have to be in a church pew or standing in choir to worship the Lord. He will take me sitting in my PJ's singing ,"What a friend we have in Jesus," and be thrilled! He will take me cleaning my house to Mandisa or MercyMe and singing along. When I stopped and asked the question, "Is this all my life is? Is this what I have to look forward to for the rest of my life," I was humbly reminded in my quiet time that thats IS what I meant to do! "Here I am to worship, here I am to bow down, here I am to say that your MY God. Your all together lovely, all together worthy, all together wonderful to me." BECAUSE the Lord has allowed me to stay home and be a homemaker, I am at liberty to burst into worship at any given moment! LOL. In striving to be the mother and wife and daughter and church member that God so clearly spells out in Proverbs 31, I am doing EXACTLY what the Lord wants of me. NOW don't get me wrong. Its a struggle. I often phone my mom or a friend telling how much a struggle it really it.

I also realized that everyday that I have to watch my kids and wash their clothes and wife their faces, is a blessing. Sometimes you dream of that perfectly clean house with no dogs and even maybe a maid. Then you wake up and see the peanut butter stuck in your child's hair, your dog then licking it out of your child's hair, and then your child giving the dog a big kiss! However, in that moment of stress and maybe a little disgust, you realize how precious it really is. I will be the first to admit, I can have me some pity parties. Some real "Whoa is me" moments. Then I realize what a miracle my life has turned out to be. God took a HUGE mistake and made it a even bigger blessing and miracle. He took the most unlikely candidate to be blessed and blessed me anyway. Not only do I have a husband who takes me like I am, knowing the package came with children, but he has loved them as his own and loved me more everyday. Not to mention the  Lord has decided to bless us with the heart for ministry!

So after my "Whoa Is Me" fit this morning, I have  taken a moment to reflect on what my life REALLY is. Its not, "Do I get to look forward to the same old thing everyday for ever?" Its more along the lines of, "Because the LORD took my ruins and made them into a vessel for him, I have a husband, a home, a church, a family, etc! What more could I possibly ask for!"

Its always a wonderful and humbling day, when the Lord reminds you of your blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment