The Sweetest Part

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Rough Few Days


What a week! 

I have felt fairly defeated this week. Its just seems to be one things after another preparing for camp.  So proud of the teens for working so hard to earn their way to camp.  Great kids:) 

I was pretty much awake off and on all night consumed with a runaway brain.  It kept rehashing recent struggles of the week and I could just not rest.  I am praying for guidance on how to deal with certain situations but sometimes find it hard to see beyond hurt feelings.  This is a big struggle...seeing God in the midst of it all can be tough.  Thankful for my wonderful man who has been so encouraging to me this last week.  He has really been in tune with what I need here lately.  

Sometimes when dealing with conflict, its hard to remember that this is JUST A TEST.  That Satan is trying our faith and we have to see it through.  1 Peter 1:7 says, "That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be  tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honor and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:"  This verse has been sticking in my mind.  When these trials come along, whatever they might be, I have to picture that TV in my mind saying, "THIS IS ONLY A TEST."  The end result of this trial is that through the trial, I can bring glory to God.  Its very hard to grasp that in the midst of the trial but I am really trying to see that.  How I react in my trial will either glorify or bring shame to my Lord.  Humbling thought.  

Most times I feel very inadequate as a leader, mother, and wife.  However, I am praying that God would take my comparison spirit away and just show me who and what I need to be according to HIM.  

This was kinda a jumbled mess of thoughts but its what was on my mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment