The Sweetest Part

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

BUSY!!


BUSY BUSY BUSY!

This week has been overwhelmingly busy and it is only Tuesday!! Between preps for camp, getting Owen all set with Kindergarten, being a mom of 5, play dates, and organizing rent at teen...I'm wiped.  I would love to just give a shout out to my husband. After returning from a camp prep shopping spree, I was not sure I could put one foot in front of the other...I was sitting there contemplating whether or not I even had the energy to eat my meal.  Chris was asking what all I needed to get done and I halfheartedly rattled off the list: switch over the laundry, wipe down the bathrooms, etc. About 10 minutes later I heard the dryer being started and smelled that familiar smell of bathroom cleaner assaulting my senses. My sweet husband had taken it upon himself to knock a few things off my list, allowing me to snag a 45 minute nap.   "AND THE HUSBAND OF THE YEAR AWARD GOES TO....MR. CHRISTOPHER OTT."  Its amazing how a little Lysol and laundry detergent being used by someone other than yourself can really turn your day around.  The other plus is that my Duggar size meal from last night yielded an extra 9x13 of Tater Tot Casserole...thus, no need to cook!  Yay for me!

Speaking of the Duggars, I have been reading their book, "A Love that Multiplies," and its has been such a blessing. A major portion of the book covers the birth and struggles of severely premature, Josie Duggar.  I have cried and laughed while reading this book.  One verse that is mentioned frequently is Romans 8:28 which states, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to HIS purpose."  I grew up knowing that verse but as a child, it can be difficult to grasp that verse entirely.  As an adult, with all the cares of running a family and finances and struggles, that verse comes into a very clear view.  I have been very stressed over camp and how we are all going to make it, stressed about Owen going to a school and the good/bad influences he could face,  stressed for my darling CASA kids, and just stressed as a mother of 5.  Having said all that, I am trying to remind myself that all things do work together for good to them that love God so my focus needs to be on pleasing and loving God more than ever and he will take care of all the rest.  When trials have come and boy, have they and will they come,  2 Corinthians 12:9 says, "My grace is sufficient for thee:fr my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."  Also, "Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord."  Its great to know that in our weak and fault filled spirit, we can gleen from His strength and that through His power, we can shine through. Reading of how this amazing family went through the trials they did and only trusted and loved God more, brings into light how little my problems are and how in God, I can rest assured.

As a CASA, I am bound by confidentiality regarding each child's case as they are minors. Having said that, I would like you to pray for a brother and sister that are having a major struggle and are in relative care.
Also, if I might ask, could you pray for me as I prepare my devotions for the girls at Summer Camp. Pray that the Lord will guide me as a prepare and that the youth group will hear what God has planned for them this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment